| 0 comments ]

This seems to be the latest trend, but it just seems to be stepping in the wrong direction. Isn't access getting cheaper and more broadly available? Why would we now ADD restrictions to unlimited plans? Unlimited actually means something to most of us.

I believe these ISP's are shooting themselves in the foot because they think they have a monopoly. If we're lucky, this will lead to the rise (once again) of local ISP's. Maybe this is no longer financially feasible, but things sure were much nicer back in the day. I happened to be friends with some of the local techs at the dial-up place (cococo.net FYI, sadly now taken by a squatter with a pr0n fettish, don't say I didn't warn you). They ran linux and let me and my friends look in on the operation from time to time...it was fascinating. Now you're lucky to even get someone on the phone after being on hold forever.

Get off my lawn!

0 comments

Post a Comment