| 0 comments ]

This should be a very high profile alert if you currently use VMWare for your virtualization needs. Evidently someone figured out a way to execute code against the host machine from inside the virtual machine. I believe we all thought that this was inevitable, but it is still quite unnerving to hear about.

The Software Developer Times has more info. Who knows how long this has been going on? I do know of numerous companies who use VMWare to run production services, and this will likely have a HUGE impact on them.

How often do you think of patching virtualization software anyway? It's one of those "set it and forget it" software installations, at least in my experience. I guess it's a good thing I'm a developer and not a part of an infrastructure team!

0 comments

Post a Comment