| 0 comments ]

This looks like an outstanding piece of backup software for Linux. According to Lifehacker, all of the crontab and rsync commands are set for you by a great UI. Currently I run OS X as my home server but Linux on my laptop, and while Time Machine is very easy, there aren't many options you can set. I'll be installing this tonight to see how well network share backups are supported.


UPDATE: Well, I've followed the steps outlined in the comments section of the Lifehacker post to update synaptic with the backintime sources. Installation was a breeze, and backups are simply a copy of the files and directories chosen to your selected location. Very simple as advertised. The interface seems intuitive and easy to use. I still need to configure a network location for testing, but based on the location selection abilities of the application, this shouldn't pose any issues. I have also not tested restore capabilities yet.

0 comments

Post a Comment