| 0 comments ]


This may be the ugliest vehicle I've ever seen.  If there was any wonder why GM is on the brink of bankruptcy, here may be part of the answer.  Aside from the ungainly aesthetics, the size appears to be just "wrong" on a number of fronts.  Too big for the sidewalk while being small enough to be a death trap on the road, and no storage space for your stuff.  Sign me up!


Here's the part where I would normally say "Surely this would be useful in some places!" and yes, there is one I can think of...a daily rental vehicle for people just visiting an area.  However, there are already cheaper small-scale transportation alternatives to this PUMA (is this the acronym for EVERYTHING now?) thing, and most of them include you not looking like a complete tool.  You could:
  • walk
  • run
  • take a cab
  • ride a bicycle
  • ride a moped
  • ride a scooter
  • ride a motorcycle
  • ride a skateboard
  • ride a REAL Segway
  • get a full-on used car for less $

I guess I just don't see a big market for this thing even if it weren't hideous.  Am I missing something here?  Is GM overcompensating for the fact that nobody want's SUV's anymore and they've gone off the deep end in the other direction?

0 comments

Post a Comment